PCLS COFFS HARBOUR
“I was introduced to Online Marketing For Doctors by our live chat agent and we have been using the OMD team for 9 months now and we are very happy with the results. They put together a comprehensive strategy and plan to improve our digital marketing presence (SEO, PPC ads, Website Content and Landing Pages), and so far we can see obvious improved results from the work that they have done. They even rebuilt the whole website for us as part of their proposed strategy. The patient enquiries have gone up quite significantly, more than double ever since they started.”
Dr Chandran Arianayagam – Plastic Surgeon/Owner of PCLS Coffs Harbour
- Well-established plastic surgeon
- Stagnant growth and low visibility in search results
- Underperforming website and minimal marketing activities
- High cost of new lead acquisition
- Few patient reviews
Dr Chandran Arianayaga is a well-known plastic surgeon in Australia specialising in surgical solutions for body and breast procedures for women and men in the Mid-North Coast region, NSW.
Despite having an excellent reputation in the area, Dr. Arianayaga didn’t have a strong online visibility.
The website was out-dated and didn’t showcase adequately his works and the services that the clinic offers.
He sensed that he needed to make some changes on his online visibility and in Nov 2019, Dr Arianayaga decided to search for a professional digital marketing consultant who has experience specifically with medical industry and track record in cosmetic surgery sector, he reached out to Online Marketing For Doctors (OMD) team and after a thorough interview and background check, OMD team were commissioned to work on PLCS Coffs Harbour’s website. And so, the new history began…
Results after an initial 9-month campaign;
- A 423% increase in monthly web traffic to the website (71.28% increase in organic traffic)
- 70% increase in total leads (107.61% increase in leads coming from organic traffic)
- Cost per conversion was reduced by 90%
Figure 1: Top ranking for competitive keyword such as “cosmetic surgeons near me” “plastic surgeon near me" “plastic surgeon Coffs Harbour” “plastic surgery Coffs Harbour” “tummy tuck Grafton” on Google maps and organic search results
Figure 2: Traffic and conversion performance compared to the same time last year
Clarify 3 Foundational Marketing Questions For PCLS Coffs Harbour
This is a critical session that allowed us to give PCLS Coffs Harbour a clear direction for their online marketing activities, resources and to establish a clear pathway to reach their business goals.
We sat down with Dr Chandran Arianayaga and gained some fundamental information about the practice: target patients, key services, their niches, differences, strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities from the market, and we used this information to devise a custom online marketing strategy for PCLS Coffs Harbour.
There are 3 main foundational questions that we need to be able to answer to better accelerate PCLS Coffs Harbour’s marketing efforts;
- Question 1: Who is their dream patient?
- Question 2: Where are they hanging out?
- Question 3: What hooks can we use to get their attention and bring them into our client’s clinic?
When you have the perfect vision of who your dream patient or client is, it becomes easy to find where they are hanging out.
On the other hand, if you don’t have perfect clarity on who that person is, it’s really hard to find them.
Specific is terrific.
Research on What Strong Competitors Do and How They Do Well
Our competitor research is designed to gain a clear understanding of who are our clients’ strongest competitors- what are their competitive advantages, value propositions and online marketing activities. We specifically identify;
- Where do these competitors advertise?
- How is their advertising working?
- Which are their biggest website traffic referral sources?
- SEO Strategy: what keywords are they targeting, where do they build links, where do they promote their websites?
Gaining an insight into what competitors do and how competitors they do it gives our team and the client directions on how to surpass them.
Revamp the Website to Increase User Experience and Conversion Rate
One of the critical steps that other digital marketing agencies don’t do is to review and improve the website user experience and conversion rate. Website is the cornerstone of all web marketing promotion and it doesn’t matter how much good traffic is driven to the website if it doesn’t convert well, all that effort goes down the drain.
The changes include;
- Rebuild the whole website with enhanced look and feel to make it more organised, easy for users to navigate and well represent the clinic
- Strong, clear call to action buttons, menu navigation structure
- Feature best-selling points of the procedure, provide patients more educational info such as images, references to credible information sources.
The results show: the website now has reduced bounce rate, users’ longer time on site, users’ more pages/visits and most importantly there is an increased conversion rate for Organic traffic: from 16.46% to 20.12% (22.25%) and for Direct traffic: 4.13 % to 14.68 % (255.38%).
Highlight PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s Value Proposition and Key Differences from Other surgeons
After conducting extensive research on the industry and PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s biggest competitors, and also after interviewing PCLS Coffs Harbour themselves, we were able to identify PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s biggest strengths and value proposition, and the key points of difference compared to the competition.
We then highlighted these key selling points on the website home page and all subpages to ensure that their target prospects would be able to view them easily from wherever they landed on the website.
Figure 3: Screenshot of the website before and after
Comprehensive Keyword Research For All Targeted Suburbs, Services and Blog Content
We extensively researched appropriate keywords for all of the service pages on the website. We also conducted comprehensive long-tail keyword research to find out which search terms that were used to find information related to PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s main services.
This comprehensive keyword research enabled us to devise a strategy to help PCLS Coffs Harbour target all the important towns in the Mid-North Coast region of NSW.
We also looked at the paid traffic data to determine the search queries that drive more conversions for the website and prioritise these keywords.
The keyword research not only covers short-tail but also long-tail keywords for blog content development.
Build More Niche Service Pages
We gradually built more pages for PCLS Coffs Harbour by adding highly specific niche service pages with unique content.
A website with 100 pages has greater traffic than a 10-page website, simply because it offers more topics that users could search for.
We applied this strategy on PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s service pages by creating more pages to target any possible keyword themes that users would search for
- Upper and Lower Back Liposuction
- Love Handle Liposuction
- Thigh Liposuction
- Leg Liposuction
- Arm Liposuction
- Chest Liposuction
- Face Liposuction
- Double Chin Liposuction
- Neck Liposuction
- Breast Lift & Augmentation With Implants
- Breast Lift Without Implants
- Breast Lift With Fat Transfer/Grafting
- Breast Reduction & Lift
- Breast Reduction With Implants
- Breast Reduction and Lift
- Breast Reduction By Liposuction
- Breast Reduction With/Without Implants
- Breast Augmentation Without Implants
- Breast Augmentation Via Fat Transfer
Figure 4: Number 1 organic ranking for “fat transfer to buttocks Melbourne”
Implement SEO On-site Best Practices
We implemented best practice for on-page optimisation adhering to Google and other search engine webmaster guidelines;
- Rewrite benefits-driven copy that places users at the centre. Our goal is to create a website that users can quickly find the information they need more easily.
- Ensuring Proper Indexation: Through the use of sitemaps, pagination, no-indexing tags and the reconciliation of all duplicate content, we were able to ensure the proper indexation of PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s website.
- Individually crafted, uniquely written Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions, and Heading tags for all pages. By optimising the site’s title tags, meta description tags, heading tags and content to include targeted keywords, we were able to increase the Click Through Rate on the search result listing and targeted search traffic.
- Improve the website's load times for proper SEO on both desktop and mobile devices. This is one of the key elements to increase the website ranking performance.
- “No Follow” for unimportant links
- External linking to highly authoritative website
- Add image ALT tags to all images
- Other technical SEO setups
Build High Quality Links
Incoming links from other websites are a very important component of search engine optimisation. Poor quality links not only won't increase your traffic or ranking, but they can also damage your domain and potentially attract a penalty from Google, or other search engines, if the site linked to has violated any webmaster guidelines.
We take link building very seriously and we make sure that all the sites that we place links on are well screened before any placement. Some of the link building we did include;
- Outreach to relevant blogs to feature PCLS Coffs Harbour ’s content and gain quality backlinks to the website.
- Listing of the website on medical, health and local directories
- Submission of videos, and relevant marketing material to submission sites
- Press release campaign to gain positive media mentions for PCLS Coffs Harbour
Figure 5: Organic traffic increased by 79.58 %, conversion rate went up by 85.89% and conversion rate skyrocketed by 251.92% (compared to the previous period)
Create Dedicated Landing Page For Google Ads Campaign
One of the main Paid Per Click advertising strategies is to build a dedicated landing page without distractions and single focused call to action. The landing page helps answer all possible questions that prospects might have. The landing page helps increase conversions by as much as 115%.
Figure 6: The efforts revamping landing pages help increase the conversion rate from 533.68% and the absolute number of conversions by 1328.65%
SKAG Google Ads Strategy and Cost Per Click Negotiation Process With Google
This is the strategy that not many agencies know of which we’ve applied successfully for many clients and helped clients reduce budget by up to 100% and double the conversions, to reduce the cost per acquisition significantly.
SKAG means Single Keyword Ad Group Strategy - we only use one keyword or a very close version of that keyword in the ad group, for example “Breast Lift Coffs Harbour” and “Breast Lift In Coffs Harbour”.
This will ensure that the ad copy matches users’ search queries, hence increasing Click Through Rate.
Another strategy for bidding is we have a negotiation process with Google and always start lower than average low-range bid of a particular keyword’s cost per click and increase it up to the point that Google is willing to show the ads. This helps make sure that we don’t overpay Google and together with SKAG structure, we can control the CPC of the keyword very well and know the exact real cost of a particular keyword.
“We’ve seen a significant increase in our website traffic and enquiries by over 300%, with an obvious uptake in new patient enquiries and conversions coming through the clinic. We’ve seen a complete turnaround in our online presence in a number of spaces that we are advertising in.”
Ms Christy Xuan
Owner of Lumiere Beauty Clinic
“They put together a comprehensive strategy and plan to improve our digital marketing presence (SEO, PPC ads, Website Content and Landing Pages), and so far we can see obvious improved results from the work that they have done.”
Dr Chandran Arianayagam
Plastic Surgeon/Owner of PCLS Coffs Harbour
“It’s now been 4 months and I am nothing but impressed with this team. They’ve delivered above their projections and continually over deliver on their promises. The team is quick to respond to any issues, their professionalism is second to none.”
General Manager of Dr Hodgkinson Clinic
“Enquiries have gone crazy and the number of enquiries has increased three-fold ever since they started 6 months ago. The team and Huyen have been very responsive to support us along the way with our IT problems, they are very thorough and results-driven with their work. We would highly recommend them.”
CEO of ICCM & Crown Clinic
“We found that we are spending almost one fourth of our previous budget and getting double the conversion which is great deal to achieve in a short period of time.”
Dr. Mark Attalla
Cosmetic Surgeon / Owner of Chelsea Cosmetics
“We’ve seen a significant increase in our website traffic by over 200%, we’ve gone from having 12 enquiries to anywhere from 50 to 100 enquiries in a month, while consistently filling our list times at the hospital.”
Dr Michael Yunaev
Cosmetic Surgeon, Specialist Breast (Oncoplastic)
“Over the last 12 months we have increased the web traffic by over 100% and also increased the conversion by over 100%.”
Dr. Naveen Somia
MBBS, PhD, FRACS Plastic Surgeon
“The number of requests for consultations is at least doubled from the last 5 months, which is very good sign. I’ve enjoyed working with both principles.”
Dr Darryl Hodgkinson
Plastic Surgeon / Owner of Double Bay Day Surgery